Senior Software Security Engineer
Leverage skills in computer security and cryptography for UNIX-class systems. Complete projects on schedule. Communicate new features and improvements in blog articles and oral presentations. Broad experience in computer security and operating system software. Hard-working, collaborative team member, enjoy sharing expertise and helping others work toward common goal.
Computer Security Software | Cryptography | Certificate Management
Secure Boot Verification | UNIX Kernel Programming | Automated Security Auditing
INTEL CORPORATION, Hillsboro, OR
Senior Software Developer 2018 – present
Developed software for Hyperledger Sawtooth blockchain technology and for Hyperledger Avalon confidential computing technology under Security System Software (S3) Division. Helped developers with presentations, videos, blogs, and chat.
ORACLE CORPORATION, San Diego, CA and Hillsboro, OR
(formerly Sun Microsystems)
Principal Software Engineer 1999 – 2017
Led team to develop Solaris Verified Boot (signature verification of kernel modules) for all supported hardware and virtual platforms including SPARC, Oracle Virtual Machine (VM), Kernel Zones VM, X86 UEFI Secure Boot. Implemented SHA-2 and RSA crypto and X.509 cert management C, assembly, Python.
· Delivered initial release in 1 year for Solaris 11.2.
· Improved performance by up to 12X of Solaris cryptography algorithms by tuning C source and replacing with assembly language (AES, RSA, DSA, SHA2, etc.).
· Developed failover software for Trusted Platform Module (TPM) 1.2 hardware on SPARC Solaris, meeting mandatory specifications.
· Fixed 100s of bugs and added several features in Solaris Security Technologies.
· Enhanced Solaris Security Toolkit (SST or Jass), which "tightens up" (secures) and verifies (audits) Solaris operating system security, complying with Center for Internet Security (CIS) standards.
· Wrote hardware management software for large-scale systems – Sun Fire and Sun Enterprise. C, C++, Java, and shell script.
· Presented at several internal and external conferences: Solaris Core Technologies Conference (internal), 2013 – 2016, BSides Portland 2016 and BSides Seattle 2017, and scheduled for BSides Portland 2017.
TEK SYSTEMS AND STELLCOM TECHNOLOGIES, San Diego, CA
BLUEBIRD SYSTEMS, Carlsbad, CA
Senior Programmer / Analyst
NCR CORPORATION, San Diego, CA
Senior Principal Programmer Analyst
Master of Science (MS), Computer Science, University of California, San Diego, CA
Bachelor of Science
(BS), Information and Computer Science,
University of California, Irvine, CA
- Social Media
□ https://twitter.com/_dan_anderson Computer security focus
□ https://blogs.oracle.com/author/dan-anderson/ Solaris security focus
- Software / Hardware: programmed on several flavors of UNIX (Solaris, Linux, AIX, etc.) and proprietary operating systems
- Network Protocols: TCP/IP Sockets, IPSec, IPv6, HTTP, HTTPS, SSL, TLS, ssh
- Programming Languages: C++, C, Shell, Python, Perl, Java, Intel X86 assembly. Taught C programming extension classes as UCSD Lecturer
- Author, Solaris x86 FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)